I am a geologist with an expertise in cosmochemistry. I measure the isotopic composition of precious samples (meteorites, lunar samples, martian meteorites) using state of the art high precision mass spectrometry. These results allow to reconstruct early Solar System dynamics with a special focus on the accretion history of Earth and Mars.
Education and Employment:
Since 2022: PhD, Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research Göttingen, Planetary Science Department, Part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) and the Integrated Research Training Group in Planetary Sciences of SFB TRR170 - Late Accretion onto Terrestrial Planets (https://www.trr170-lateaccretion.de/)
2019 – 2022: PhD, University of Münster, Part of the Integrated Research Training Group in Planetary Sciences of SFB TRR170 - Late Accretion onto Terrestrial Planets (https://www.trr170-lateaccretion.de/)
2016 – 2019: University of Münster, Master of Science, Geoscience with a focus on geochemistry
2013 – 2016: University of Münster, Bachelor of Science, Geoscience
(1) Pape J., Zhang B., Spitzer F., Rubin A. and Kleine T. (2023) Isotopic constraints on genetic relationships among group IIIF iron meteorites, Fitzwater Pass, and the Zinder pallasite.
(2) Hopp T., Dauphas N., Spitzer F., Burkhardt C. and Kleine T. (2022) Earth’s accretion inferred from iron isotopic anomalies of supernova nuclear statistical equilibrium origin. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 577.
(3) Spitzer F., Burkhardt C., Pape J. and Kleine T. (2022) Collisional mixing between inner and outer solar system planetesimals inferred from the Nedagolla iron meteorite. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 57, 261–276.
(4) Windmill R. J., Franchi I. A., Hellmann J. L., Schneider J. M., Spitzer F., Kleine T., Greenwood R. C. and Anand M. (2022) Isotopic evidence for pallasite formation by impact mixing of olivine and metal during the first 10 million years of the Solar System. PNAS Nexus.
(5) Burkhardt C., Spitzer F., Morbidelli A., Budde G., Render J. H., Kruijer T. S. and Kleine T. (2021) Terrestrial planet formation from lost inner solar system material. Science Advances 7, 7601.
(6) Spitzer F., Burkhardt C., Nimmo F. and Kleine T. (2021) Nucleosynthetic Pt isotope anomalies and the Hf-W chronology of core formation in inner and outer solar system planetesimals. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 576, 117211.
(7) Spitzer F., Burkhardt C., Budde G., Kruijer T. S., Morbidelli A. and Kleine T. (2020) Isotopic Evolution of the Inner Solar System Inferred from Molybdenum Isotopes in Meteorites. The Astrophysical Journal Letters 898, L2.