Job Code: EnVision SE 03-23
Job offer from March 13, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Göttingen conducts fundamental research in the field of solar system physics. With its approximately 300 staff members, it is one of the leading institutes in the field of solar physics and planetary research. In particular, the institute is involved in numerous international space missions.
For the design, building, and testing of a digital electronic device onboard ESA's EnVision mission to Venus the institute is looking for a Software Engineer (m/f/d).
- Development and maintenance of an application software for a data handling unit
- Utilisation of a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS)
- According to requirements of the European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS)
- Maintain contacts to European partner institutes (occasional travels)
- Participation in scientific and/or operational planning aspects welcome but not mandatory
You should have
- High motivation, problem solving attitude, be a continuous learner, and team player
- University degree in informatics, electrical engineering, physics or equivalent
- Coding experience in C Experience in space projects (ESA or NASA, etc.) desired
- Fluency in English
- The full-time position can be filled starting April 1st 2023.
- Employment is initially limited in time until March 31st 2027 with a likely extension
- Remuneration is according to the German public salary scale TVöD-Bund E13, depending on qualification and work experience
- Temporary teleworking can be negotiated
- Social security benefits are in accordance with the public service regulations
Please apply with informative documents (cover letter, CV, certificates, training and employers' references (if available) exclusively online via our application portal. We look forward to receiving your online application. Application deadline is March 31, 2023.
As a scientific institution, the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research offers an attractive international and sophisticated environment with the possibility of implementing one's own ideas and concepts. Moreover, we offer opportunities to reconcile work and family as well as health promotion.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are explicitly encouraged.
Exclusively for questions regarding the application please contact : Dr. Nathues firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 551 384 979 433.