Job Code: DAST Full Stack Developer
Job offer from June 29, 2021
Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Göttingen, Germany, invites applications for a Full Stack Developer (m/f/d) to work for the PLATO Data Center.
PLATO is a space mission of ESA’s Cosmic Vision Program, which aims to detect and characterize a large sample of exoplanets and their host stars. PLATO will be launched in 2026. At the MPS you will be part of a professional team working on the implementation of the Data Analysis Support Tools (DAST).
The position is available for an initial period of two years, with the possibility of an extension that is contingent upon performance and project funding.
The MPS is a leading space research institute in Germany. In 2014, the MPS relocated to a new building in Göttingen that offers employees world-class facilities and working environments. The MPS has a long history of successful contributions to European and international space missions.
- Participation in the design of the system and software architecture for the DAST
- Implementation of the DAST backend and frontend components
- Implementation of automated tests on the unit, module, integration and acceptance level as well as performance testing
- Optimization of data processing code in close collaboration with the science team
- Contribute to the production of PDC technical documentation in compliance with the applicable standards
- Participation in local or remote project meetings when required
- Strongly interested in working on a long-term space project (PLATO will launch in 2026)
- Good command of the English Language
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in computer science or relevant experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience with implementing web services in Python using frameworks like Flask or Django
- Experience with either Angular, React or Vue
- Experience with working on relational databases, preferably postgreSQL
- Experience in using git and docker
- Experience in writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Experience in partaking in a continuous integration workflow as well as working as part of a SCRUM team
- Ideally knowledgeable in software architecture (e.g., design patterns), OO design principles (e.g., SOLID) and general best practices like "Clean Code"
- Ideally experienced in working with scientific code
Remuneration will be in accordance with the German Collective Agreement for the Public Service (up to TVöD E13, depending on your education and work experience).
Employee benefits according to the TVöD and/or works agreements:
- vacation of 30 days + 6 days on which the institute is closed (incl. Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve),
- flexible working hours,
- possibility for part-time work,
- additional accident insurance,
- additional retirement benefits from Federal and State Government Employees Retirement Fund,
- health and sports classes at the institute,
- support from staff representation committees: gender equality officers, works council, representatives for employees with disabilities,
- "Baby offices"
The Max Planck Society (MPG) is committed to offering equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, including those from minority and underrepresented groups. The MPG strives to increase the proportion of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. The MPG is committed to employing more persons with disabilities and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The MPG is a family-friendly institution and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
Please send your CV and application letter in English (certificates and reference letters may be in German) as one PDF file to Martin Schäfer firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DAST Full Stack Developer”. Applications will be reviewed from the 31.07.2021 until the position is filled.