Job Code: PMI-ME 2021/1
Job offer from January 06, 2021
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) conducts fundamental research in solar and planetary physics. For the current project “Lagrange PMI”, MPS is offering a position for a Mechanical Engineer (f/m/d).
As mechanical engineer you will be involved in the full development cycle of opto-mechanical subsystems for a spaceborn telescope. This includes:
- Conceptual and detailed design
- Analysis, sizing and performance optimisation down to part level
- Preparation and conduction of the manufacturing, integration and test campaigns
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in the area of aerospace or mechanical engineering
- Working experience in the area of mechanical design
- Experienced CAD software user, ideally Creo
- Knowledge in structural modelling and analysis would be an asset
- Deeper knowledge in the area of material science and surface engineering would be beneficial
- Ideally you have practical experience with ESA hardware projects and applicable ESA standards
- Hands-on experience with working in clean room environments and conducting TV tests would be an asset
- Good English skills
- Good German skills would be desirable
- Ability to work and integrate in an international team
The full-time position is to be filled as soon as possible, and limited until 31.12.2023. The salary will be based on the German public service TVÖD (Bund), depending on qualification and professional experience up to EG 13. Social benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service.
As a scientific institution, the MPS offers an attractive and challenging environment with the opportunity to realise own ideas and concepts to a high extent.
The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, disabled people and minority groups are particularly welcome.
If you have further questions, please contact Jan Staub (Tel. +49 551 384979436, E-Mail: email@example.com).
Please send your application as one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org until February 07, 2021 quoting the reference PMI-ME. Alternatively, you may send your application by mail to:
Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research