Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Göttingen
Astronomy & Astrophysics
Type of Job
Scientific and Technical Assistance
Job offer from July 03, 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) conducts fundamental research in solar and planetary physics and develops space flight hardware. For the current international project “Sunrise III” MPS is offering a position for an Electronics Engineer.
- university degree (Master/Bachelor or equivalent) in the area of electrical engineering (or equivalent)
- knowledge in circuit design (Analog/Digital)
- programming of micro-controllers (Raspberry Pi, Linux, Python, C/C++)
- familiar with the board development tool ‘Protel’
- experience in functional testing of (flight) hardware, especially with respect to optical detectors
- experience in data analysis would be an asset
- basic knowledge of vacuum engineering would be desirable
- good communication skills in English (written and oral)
- ability to work in a team and willingness to travel
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, and initially limited to two years. The salary will be based on the German wage agreement for the public service (TVÖD Bund), depending on qualification and professional experience up to pay level E 13. Social benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service.
As a scientific institution, the MPS offers an attractive and challenging environment with the opportunity to realize own ideas and concepts to a high extent.
Applications of handicapped persons are encouraged and will be favored in case of comparable qualifications. The Max Planck Society aims to increase the percentage of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly asked to apply for this position.
If you have further questions, please contact Peter Barthol (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your complete application to email@example.com until July 27, 2018 quoting the reference SUNRISE-EE. Alternatively, you may send your application by regular mail to the institute's adress.