Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Göttingen
Astronomy & Astrophysics
(Sunrise III ThermIng)
Type of Job
Scientific and Technical Assistance
Job offer from March 27, 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) conducts fundamental research in solar and planetary physics.
For the current project “Sunrise III”, MPS offers a position for a Thermo-Mechanical Engineer.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in the area of aerospace or mechanical engineering
- Working experience in the area of mechanical design
- Experienced CAD software user, ideally ProEngineer/Creo
- Knowledge in thermal modelling and analysis
- Experience with the use of thermal analysis software, ideally ESATAN-TMS
- Highly motivated, proactive, able to work independently
- Ideally you have practical experience with ESA hardware projects and applicable ESA standards
- Programming skills (ideally Phyton) would be an asset
- Hands-on experience with working in clean room environments and conducting TV tests would be an asset
- Good German and English skills
The post is to be filled as soon as possible, and initially limited to two years. The salary will be based on the German public service TVÖD (Bund), depending on qualification and professional experience up to EG 13. Social benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service.
As a scientific institution, the MPS offers an attractive and challenging environment with the opportunity to realise own ideas and concepts to a high extent.
Applications of handicapped persons are encouraged and will be favored in case of comparable qualifications. The Max Planck Society aims to increase the percentage of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly asked to apply for this post.
If you have further questions, please contact Peter Barthol (Tel. +49 (0)551 38497-9356, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your complete application to email@example.com until April 30, 2018 quoting the reference SUNRISE-TME. Alternatively, you may send your application by mail to:
Max-Planck-Institut für Sonnensystemforschung,